Front axle assembly weighs approximately
1580 lbs (717 kgs). Front axle assembly
must be supported on a transmission/
differential lift during installation. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
personnel or damage to equipment.
Step (4) requires the aid of two assistants.
(4) Position front axle assembly (6) under vehicle.
Left and right sides of front axle assembly is
installed the same way. Right side shown.
(5) Install two U-bolts (7) on leaf spring (8).
(6) Align hole on mounting pad (9) with stud protruding from
bottom of leaf spring.
(7) Position mounting pad (9) on U-bolts (7) with four self-
locking nuts (10).
(8) Tighten four self-locking nuts (10) to 200 lb-ft (271 N·m)
in sequence shown.
(9) Re-tighten four self-locking nuts (10), in 50 lb-ft (68 N·m)
increments, to 390-510 lb-ft (529-692 N·m) in sequence