Front axle assembly weighs approximately
1580 lbs (717 kgs).
Front axle assembly
m u s t
s u p p o r t e d
transmission/differential lift during removal.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
personnel or damage to equipment.
(18) Secure front differential (29) to transmission/ differential
lift with chain.
(19) Raise transmission/differential lift to apply pressure to
front differential (29).
Left and right sides of front axle assembly
are removed the same way.
(20) Remove nut (30), washer (31), and bolt (32) from front
shock absorber (33).
(21) Remove four self-locking nuts (34) and mounting pad
(35) from two U-bolts (36). Discard self-locking nuts.
(22) Remove two U-bolts (36) from leaf spring (37). Discard
(23) Perform steps (19) through (21) on left side of front axle
Step (24) requires the aid of two assistants.
(24) Remove front axle assembly (8) from vehicle.