20-6. PISTON AND CONNECTING ROD ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
(5) Remove No. 1 piston ring (7), No. 2 piston ring (8) and
oil control ring (9) from piston crown (6).
(6) Remove two connecting rod bolts (10) from connecting
(7) Remove piston pin bearing (11) from connecting rod (5).
(8) Perform steps (1) through (7) on remaining pistons.
Some chemical agents (detergents, solvents,
alkalis, etc.) may irritate skin or be harmful
to the eyes, nose, and throat. Some must be
used only with adequate ventilation. When
working with potentially harmful chemical
substances, read and heed all warnings on
the product labels and follow prescribed
safety precautions. When working with any
potentially harmful substance; including live
steam, hot water, and compressed air; wear
appropriate safety equipment and use
extreme care. Failure to comply may result
in injury to personnel.
(1) Soak six piston crowns (1), piston skirts (2), connecting
rods (3), piston pins (4), and rod caps (5) in degreaser
unit with carbon removing compound for at least one