Do not turn crankshaft while bearing gage is
on connecting rod bearing. Failure to comply
will result in inaccurate clearance reading and
possible damage to equipment.
(29) Remove two connecting rod cap nuts (14) and
connecting rod (3) from rod cap (5).
(30) Remove rod cap (5) from connecting rod journal (13).
(31) Measure greatest width (A) of bearing gage in
connecting rod bearing half (12) against chart contained
in gage package. Maximum clearance is 0.0061 in.
(0.015 cm). Record clearance reading.
(32) Clean bearing gage from connecting rod half (12) and
connecting rod journal (13).
(33) Perform steps (19) through (32) for remaining five
connecting rods and rod caps.
(1) Install piston rod bearing (1) in connecting rod (2).
(2) Install piston crown (3) on piston skirt (4).
(3) Install piston crown (3) on connecting rod (2) with piston
Use care when installing retaining rings.
Retaining rings are under tension and can
act as projectiles when released. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(4) Install two retaining rings (6) on piston pin (5).