20-6. PISTON AND CONNECTING ROD ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for Type I Dry
Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F (50°C). Failure to comply may result in
serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using dry cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical
help. If dry cleaning solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If dry cleaning solvent
contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
(19) Clean and dry two connecting rod bearing halves (12)
and crankshaft connecting rod journal (13).
(20) Install connecting rod bearing half (12) in rod cap (5).
Do not allow any bearing gage material to
overhang edge of connecting rod bearing
Failure to comply may result in
inaccurate bearing clearance reading.
(21) Place bearing gage at crown of connecting rod bearing
(22) Install connecting rod bearing half (12) in connecting rod
(23) Position connecting rod (3) in cylinder bore (10) against
connecting rod journal (13).
(24) Position rod cap (5) on connecting rod (3).
(25) Position two connecting rod cap nuts (14) on two
connecting rod bolts (15).
(26) Tighten two connecting rod cap nuts (14) to 35-45 lb-ft
(27) Match mark rod cap (5) and connecting rod cap nut (14).
(28) Tighten two connecting rod cap nuts (14) an additional